Why I Started YoExplore






The Story Behind YoExplore

January 2016, My friends and I were in Bali on a vacation trip. We love exploring local cuisines and adventure activities. We prefer to arrange our activities in a more impromptu manner than to join typical ‘package tours’ available in the market.

One of the activities was to watch dolphin and did a snorkeling at Lovina beach, North Bali. We went straight to Lovina beach to find out about the service. We met a local fisherman who was also working as a host for the activity. After pricing was agreed, the next day, we went to watch wild dolphins and snorkeling around the nearby sea reef. While on the trip, I had an interesting discussion with the local guide to find out how he run the business.

“Most of my guests are a walk-in guest type. Sometimes, I received booking from some travel agent companies. Either walk-in or travel agent companies, I still charge the same amount of rate which was about US$15,- per person for about 2-3 hours watching dolphin and snorkeling. The rate has been in place for a few years without increment”, the local guide explained.

Comments